Hey it’s been a while.
My activity in the C64 BBS Scene has declined over the past few years, but wanted to give a heads up on a few things:
- There’s no strikelink cables available at the moment, but building your own still works! Instructions are in this blog (scroll down)
- The UDI BBS has been down for over a year now and will probably stay that way. If I redid it, it would probably just look like the amazing Particles BBS anyway. (amazing work getting every feature of Centipede to run on a real 128, along with usenet! Genius!)
- The Commodore BBS Outpost has a list of all the currently active BBS Systems. The list I was hosting has been removed as it was REALLY outdated. The CBBS Outpost link is on the right.
- ShadowM needs help with his Qlink Rebooted project. Links to ShadowM’s page is on the right.
- There might not be any more versions of Striketerm for 2 reasons. 1. I lost the harddrive in 2014 that had the source code. 2. If I did a new version it would be done entirely in assembly, which would take quite a bit of time to write. The last version Striketerm 2014 still works pretty well, so that’s the one to use if you dig the program.